Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cool Save-the-Dates?

The reality of our wedding being less than 8 months away hasn't hit me yet. I think I'm going through some sort of denial; lacking the bride gene here really. My dress came in a week ago and I haven't even gone to the bridal gown store to see it. Perhaps it will finally hit me when we send out the save-the-dates, which was the first DIY project I tackled.

I find that save-the-dates are necessary not only because we have alot of out of town guests, but also because most people are very busy these days and a big heads up would eliminate (or at least reduce) friends and family asking over and over again "when is your big date?" If only I get a dollar every time I get that question. :-)

I've done alot of research on save-the-dates...the designs and etiquette. In the end, I just want to have fun with it. My criteria is to make one that's easy, without photos, cool but practical and creative. I think it turned out kinda cheezy (like me). So my friends, you will see for yourselves when it comes in the mail. What you won't see though are the following fun ones, all fun and creative ideas from Martha Stewart:




Creative, but postage-wise, not very economical




Very practical, but not too fun




Fun and practial, but not for my non-destination or non-city wedding






Fun, but not practical





All images from MarthaStewart.com

No comments: