Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hoisin Marinated Chicken

Remember my post about one of the best chicken dishes I've ever made? Well, I finally have some pictures of Hoisin Marinated Chicken to share.



I made it again for the second time, and it's just as tasty as I remember it. This time though, I didn't have corn to make my corn and roasted red pepper salsa. Instead, I used another of Ming Tsai's recipe - Nappa Slaw. Thankfully, I had the ingredients lying around in the fridge already left over from my spring rolls and turkey dumplings. The slaw is good, but if you're not a fan of fish sauce, I would not recommend it to you.

I made some modifications to the recipe - I used chicken drumsticks and cooked them in the oven. If you choose to use the oven (instead of grilling as instructed by the recipe), preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the marinated drumsticks onto a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Turn the drumsticks, add slather the marinate over the drumsticks and bake for another 15 minutes. Turn them again, spoon some marinate over them again and bake for another 5-10 minutes until cooked.

No comments: