Monday, October 27, 2008

A Healthier Burger & Fries Meal

I love fries from fast food joints, but I stay away from hamburgers as I don't eat anything with four legs. :-) One night, I felt like making burgers I would eat and having healthy fries, so I made turkey burger with no bun and oven roasted potatoes.



I got a wonderful and tasty turkey burger recipe from Alfred Portale's cookbook. It was super yummy! Anyways, I placed the burger with melted cheese on top of some greens. As for the potatoes, I roasted them with some onions. Usually though, I would make oven potato fries - take some long russet or Idaho potatoes and cut them into long thick wedges. I didn't have those, so I used whatever variety I had in the fridge and cut them into cubes instead. The meal was indulging without really indulging.

No comments: