Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Cure for Just Another Ordinary Chicken Recipe

Ever run out of ideas for making chicken for dinner? I have a solution for you. I tried this Lemongrass Chicken recipe twice, and they were very good both times. I had never cooked with lemongrass before, and now I know what I was missing. It is such a wonderful aromatic ingredient. You may have a hard time finding lemongrass at your local supermarket, but it is well worth it for some tasty chicken. I got mine at an Asian supermarket.



I tested the recipe on chicken breast with no skin and thighs with skin. The former was better in terms of taste - the mild taste of the chicken breast took the marinade very well. The latter shined less, probably because the skin absorbed all the flavors, but my fiance loved the crunchiness of the skin. When served over rice, the chicken makes a satisfying meal.

If you have lemongrass left over from this recipe like I did, you can toss it in the freezer. I plan to use mine another time for some clams in lemongrass broth. My fiance made it for me once, and it was good!

No comments: