Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Lemon Ricotta Pancake

I used to read alot of restaurant reviews from New York Magazine (I got my fiance a subscription when he was living in NYC), and one of them was of Five Points (I have a review to come). It got alot of raving reviews for their Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. We checked it out for brunch one time, and I was hooked. And I had even gotten my friend hooked too!

I occasionally dream of Five Points' Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, scattered with blueberries, on a hot plate. What to do when it's not a Sunday, the only day they serve those pancakes? Turns out that these pancakes are not that difficult for a home cook to make, and I've attempted this twice already. However, I didn't have any blueberries the second time around to sprinkle onto my pancakes.

Above, a very nake Lemon Ricotta Pancake, without syrup or berries


These pancakes are rich but taste fresh & light at the same time because of the lemon juice and zest. They might not be as crazy fluffy as regular pancakes, but they are fluffy enough. Plus, I enjoy the moisture they have...light and moist and nearly melt in your mouth!

Above, inside of not your ordinary pancakes


All in all, these are THE pancakes for your special occasion breakfast or brunch...or just do what I do - make them on an ordinary day and feel special for the rest of the day!

No comments: