Friday, September 5, 2008

Cooking Up a Storm

I've been a cooking machine lately, pumping out spring rolls, dumplings, gnocchi, ravioli, carrot soup etc...they're all in the freezer now, waiting for my fiance when he needs to make quick meals for himself on busy nights. All these freeze beautifully, so I make sure they can be cooked/defrosted easily as well.

I'm not a fan of wasting food, so when I buy ingredients for a recipe, I make sure I can use them in another recipe. For example, the ginger I used in the spring rolls were also used in the dumplings, carrot ginger soup, and hoisin-marinated chicken for dinner one night. Another example is the ricotta cheese used in the gnocchi were also used in the ravioli and pancakes for a morning breakfast.

You'll definitely see the results of my labor to come!

No comments: