Friday, September 19, 2008

A Girl Can only Dream...

...of getting married in such a wonderful place as this:


Above, image from here


Above, image from here




This beautiful romantic courtyard and garden is from the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston. The sculptures, variety of seasonal plants (fish palms, hydrangeas and more), and the architecture made me feel like I was transported to Europe. Indeed, the museum was inspired by Isabella's love for Venice. I've always been a lover of museums, but I am by no means an art expert. It was very obvious, however, that the arrangement of the artworks in this museum was like no other. This place is truly a gem, much like the Frick Collection and the Cloisters in NYC.

Sadly, I have no photos of my own from the museum to share with you. They don't allow photography, and I was desperately begging my fiance to let me pull out my camera when the security guards weren't looking, but then he threatened to pretend not to know me if I got caught! The museum was full of inspirations for me...nearly all the rooms were covered in damask fabrics, and there was even a corner of a room filled with different patterns of lace!

Above, image from here


Anyways, if I had a million dollars, I would definitely have the wedding here, the Met, the Frick, the Cloisters, or any other museum that would have me.




No comments: