Thursday, October 1, 2009

Look What I Got My Hands On?

I didn't know when I would get to see and taste macarons from Laduree ever again. Luckily, my brother's gf just brought back a box of these in different flavors from Paris! I took some glam shots for these beauties before I devoured them. Notice the slight sheen on them when they're kissed by the light, the classic macaron feet, and the delicious filling in the cookie.




I had their raspberry, lemon, and what I believe to be jasmine. They had a slightly crunchy exterior (no crust separation that I've seen in other macarons), equal filling ratio to each cookie layer (thickness of the filling is same as the top or bottom of the cookie), buttery filling (depending on which flavor you have; some have fruit fillings), and tiny bits of ground almond in each bite.

Oh Laduree, how long must I wait to have you again?

No comments: