Monday, October 26, 2009

Martha's Favs Mondays: Chopsticks

I use chopsticks daily for dinner at home, but they aren't just for eating. I use them for cooking as well. Believe it or not, I've used them together with a giant spoon to toss pasta in a skillet. I also use them for flipping over Turkey Dumplings on a pan because they give me more control than a spatula. There are longer chopsticks, usually in wood, that are made especially for cooking and are perfect for frying as they lessen the chance of oil splattering on your skin.
As for applications other than cooking, I've used chopsticks for stirring (hot chocolate) and washing (cups, thermos) when my hand would not fit through the opening by using it to maneuver the sponge. Are you surprised at how many ways they can be used?


Image from Amazon
.com

No comments: