Monday, October 5, 2009

Martha's Favs Mondays: Ice Cream Scoop

I love ice cream, so it only makes sense that I love ice cream scoops right? Actually, I eat right from the container with a spoon, which isn't too smart in terms of portions control. The ice cream scoop I love is also called a cookie scoop because of the tool's release function that can be used for ice cream, cookie dough, batter, etc. Not only is it easy to use, it also saves tons of time - no more making cookies using spoons!

The ice cream scoop is my latest acquisition. It had been on my wish list for the longest time, and now I have three in total, each in different sizes. I recently used my large scoop for waffle batter, and it worked perfectly. I am now totally in love with the tool!

Image from Amazon.com


The large scoop I used from Oxo worked like a dream. The sticky batter released easily in one quick motion, and the non-slip padding was so comfortable. I've tried handling other all-stainless steel scoops in the store and I wasn't crazy about their handles. I knew that if I had to make dozens of cookies with the scoop, I would definitely want a handle that is easy on my hand. So far so good!

No comments: