Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Who Says Packing Tape has to be Boring?

While I was doing wedding research months ago, I came across packing tape with lace imprints that brides used on their favor boxes. It had both function and style. The lace caught my eye since I love patterns - the lace was prominent, yet it let the color of the box peek through. The idea of patterned tape totally inspired me to dress up my plain ol'packing tape.

Image from FredFlare.com

I had some purple paper scraps left over that I had saved from our wedding (yes, I've been called a pack rat), so I used my fancy paper puncher to cut out shapes, and sprinkled them on the sticky side of the tape. Again, using the boxes I had saved from the thank you cards we bought, I put in my items to be mailed and sealed them with my home-made pretty tape.




I may be a pack rat, but I do it for mother earth. No extra trees were killed in the process!

No comments: