Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Whole New Chapter, Endless Choices

It's official...we have no life. My husband and I have been paying a lot of visits to home improvement stores on the weekends to do some research for home renovation. I imagine that the frequency will increase when we get elbow deep into the mess, and I will undoubtedly be posting more on the home front to share with you my experience.

So far, I've been overwhelmed by the amount of choices out there. It's not that I haven't done this before when I was helping my sister out with her home, but I didn't have to pick fixtures or vanities. Literally, picking a faucet was a pain in the neck! Lowe's and Home Depot display hundreds of faucets up on walls (think warehouse height) and expect you to get a good look at these things. Not so much. Sure, the difference between a gold tone, chrome and brushed nickel is pretty obvious, but you can't even touch them to see if you like their feel and function!

Picking tiles was more fun than picking faucets. I loved the variety of choices, from ceramic, porcelain, marble, granite to even glass tiles (to my surprise). I only wish that they had more modern looking tiles. Consulting with my husband on the color combinations was a tad more painful than I expected. I really need another woman's opinion when tile shopping.

from marble tiles...

...to glass tiles

Come, join me on this whole new chapter - my journey in becoming my own decorator and designer!

No comments: