Friday, August 7, 2009

So Jealous!

I love to cook, but I'm not dying to see Julie & Julia. Surprised? I do have some interest though, in seeing how Meryl Streep pulls off the great Julia Child...she is just such an incredible actress. From what I can tell from the commercials, she does a pretty good portrayal of her!


Image from Wikipedia


There has been a lot of press for Julie & Julia, and I was so jealous to learn that they have been holding publicity functions for the movie at Blue Hill at Stone Barns, about an hour from NYC. Known for their use of fresh produce from their farm and other local producers, Blue Hill has been on my radar for a while now, but I haven't been able to bring myself to their location in NYC. Anyways, apparently, the press have been treated to their fare at Blue Hill at Stone Barns. Lucky.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Meg and I saw this movie just last weekend and both really liked it despite a few amateurish editing mistakes I wouldn't have expected (like a twice exposed boom mic). Your blog actually sort of reminds me of Julie's intent.