Saturday, August 15, 2009

Pork Chop Buns on My Mind

As you may already know, I am a recent pork convert. I confess, I have said before that I am only dabbing into little pieces or thinly sliced pork, but I have had a whole pork chop since my conversion. I didn't plan on it, but to my surprise, it happened. Now I can't stop thinking about that delicious pork chop bun I had in Macau! That's right, a lonely pork chop (bone in and all) sandwiched between a small baguette. Yup, no sauce, no lettuce or tomato.


My cousins brought me to a place in Macau that only served pork chop buns. The pork chop bun I had in Hong Kong was no where near as good as the one I had in Macau. The shop only opens a few hours a day, and by the looks of the line that wrapped around their shop, I knew that it had to be good. Apparently, the joint opens at 3pm and closes within 2 hours, when their buns sell out.


My pork chop bun arrived in a brown paper bag, which could not seal in the wonderful aroma of the grilled pork at all. Originally, I planned on only taking one bite and leaving the rest of the sandwich to my brother, but it was so deliciously addictive, I had to have more. The pork was so flavorful, juicy, tender and perfectly cooked. Add to it that the warm bun soaked up all the delicious juices. Before I knew it, I finished the whole thing!

No comments: