Friday, August 21, 2009

Robeks, Jamba Juice's (Almost) Identical Twin

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a Jamba Juice fan. I was hooked ever since my first taste of their Mango-a-go-go on the west coast 6 years ago. Sadly, Jamba has no locations in CT, my possible future home. We did, however, find a juice chain called Robeks. It is almost identical to Jamba in its offerings...healthy smoothies with nutritional boosts in 3 sizes.



To test whether Robeks is as good as Jamba, I ordered a Mahalo Mango, which is the closest to to Mango-a-go-go. Mahalo Mango has papaya juice, mangos, pineapple sherbet and non-fat yogurt. Sadly, it is just not as good. The mango wasn't as intense as my favorite smoothie from Jamba. In fact, it tasted a bit watered down, and I couldn't taste any papaya either. It's good to know though, that if I need a Jamba fix, Robeks will be nearby. I can test out their other smoothies and come to a final verdict.

No comments: