Sunday, August 23, 2009

Finding OUR Style

I'm all about function and style. He's been all about function and no style. For our future home together, we agreed on modern functional comfort.

I really want our new house to feel like a home. I love light, so I'm not crazy about having a lot of dark furniture. That pretty much eliminates Pottery Barn since it
is all about traditional style and dark furniture.

Above from Pottery Barn


Although I've been drooling over the Herman Miller and Barcelona chairs, their prices are far from attractive...that eliminates Design Within Reach (which should be renamed to Prices Not Within Reach). Add to it that sticking to a strictly modern design translates to a rather cold-looking home.


Above from Design Within Reach


I was drawn to these magazine features on the homes of the famous wedding gown designer Monique Lhuillier and model/actress Molly Sims, and I've been drooling over them ever since I saw them. Hopefully, our home will look somewhat like them...a blend of chic and the old & the new.

Above from Elle Decor


Above from InStyle Home

No comments: