Friday, April 16, 2010

What's New at Chikalicious

It's no secret that I love Chikalicious, and I'm sharing that love with you again. I was lucky enough to go there not long ago and thoroughly enjoyed my three course dessert. Sadly, I can't say the same for my husband, who I didn't know had a weak stomach for kiwis. One of the items on their ever changing menu was a Short Bread Napoleon with Lavender Kiwis.


As for myself, I had the Pineapple Sorbet with Lemongrass Panna Cotta, paired with a lovely glass of La Spinetta Moscato d'Asti. The lightness of the sorbet was perfect with the richness of the panna cotta.


I was very happy to see that Chika was still working behind the dessert bar even after their very well-deserved success and new ventures (Dessert Club, a deal with a hotel I heard). Not much in NYC stays the same, but I really hope this place does. I'll overlook their hours changed to being closed 3 days a week - Chika needs her rest so she can have more energy to make more delicious desserts! :-)

See past Chikalicious posts:
Chikalicious (this is where I first declared my love for the place after numerous visits)
Chikalicious, Round II

No comments: