Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Savory Bread Pudding

I had half a loaf of very stale French bread, and I hate putting food to waste. What to do, what to do? The solution: rehydrate it. It was hot outside, so I thought a light dinner with Savory Bread Pudding and Asparagus "Fettuccine" would be perfect. Martha Stewart didn't have a recipe for me, so I found a recipe from Food & Wine that was exactly what I wanted - it called for ingredients that I already had in the pantry: frozen spinach, jarred artichokes, milk, scallions and cheese.


It turned out just the way I had imagined. The parmesan cheese added so much flavor, and the mozzarella formed a perfect crust on top of the pudding. Best of all, you would never think from the moist interior of the pudding that the bread was rock hard just 30 minutes ago. I am definitely saving this recipe, which could be a great brunch item too.

No comments: