Thursday, April 29, 2010

Pizza at Home

When my husband and I were dating, we made pizza together. Boboli was our pizza crust of choice because it was widely available in supermarkets and was fuss free. Making pizza is low key, intimate and fun - there's no recipe and we can top it with whatever we want. Some times my husband and I would work on a pizza together, other times we would make two individual pizzas and see whose tasted better. We've graduated to using fresh dough from the supermarket now, and it's just as fun! Recently, we made a mushroom with caramelized onions and gorgonzola pizza.


Rolling out the dough was the hard part, but it was nevertheless fun. My husband wanted to throw the dough up in the air like they do on TV, but I advised him that it wasn't a good idea. The way we did it was to stretch the dough while holding it up at the same time so gravity would give us an extra hand in stretching it some more. I think we got the hang of it now.

Surprisingly, I was impressed by the supermarket pizza dough. The pockets of air in the baked crust were just like what we had in serious pizza joints. It wasn't the flatbread-like pizza that we had at Remo's here in CT (and by flat, I mean flat).



Not too bad, huh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what shape would you call your pizza????

Martha Fung said...

round?