Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy VDay and Chinese New Year!

Today is THE day to celebrate the color of red - for love and for luck!

I'm not that superstitious, but there are certain things I do each year to kick off the lunar new year to a good start. Some of them may sound strange, but tradition is tradition:
  • Don't wash your hair today
  • Don't cut your nails or hair today
  • Wear new pajamas to bed
Basically, the new year comes with good luck, and you don't want to get rid of it by washing or cutting it off. And of course you want to start fresh by wearing new pj's. Let's kick off the year of the Tiger right!

As for VDay, my husband and I aren't that into it, partly because it's a "greeting card day." But I'd make a special breakfast to set a romantic tone for the day, like:
Happy Valentine's Day and Chinese New Year!!!

No comments: