Monday, February 22, 2010

My Second Roast Chicken Attempt

I was determined to roast a perfect chicken after my first attempt that didn't go exactly smooth. So when Stew's had a sale on chickens, I didn't hold back. This time around, I abandoned using the convection function in my oven, and am one step closer to my goal.


I followed Julia Child's recipe once again, but I had to make modifications. After cooking the chicken for the stated time, I wasn't satisfied with the color I got, so I increased the heat to 425 degrees and roasted it for another 20 minutes. The results? Nice color, and perfectly cooked! My only criticism is that it wasn't as tasty as last time, possibly because I didn't stuff the chicken with as much garlic and onion as I did last time. I definitely see a third attempt in the future.

Off to making chicken stock now with the carcass. You really can't beat a $5 chicken that keeps on giving.

No comments: