Friday, February 26, 2010

Kitchen Renovation, Part II

For our kitchen face lift, we worked with the existing grey floor tiles and grout. I flipped through plenty of magazines to get inspirations. I knew I wanted a classic, timeless look with some modern elements, and I was mostly drawn to kitchens with carrara marble - there's just something about subtle grey combined with bright white that look so classic and clean. Knowing I shouldn't blow my budget on carrara marble, I decided to just use the color scheme of white and grey, with blue accents for a pop of color.

We went to this (so far):


from this:


Almost everything had to be worked on, from the cabinets, countertops, walls, ceiling, appliances, cabinet hardware, sink, faucet, electrical to lights. And I won't leave out the scrubbing that I did throughout the kitchen - grout, cabinet interior, floor and hinges. What's left to do now is the backsplash. Stay tuned!

No comments: