Sunday, June 20, 2010

Almondine Bakery

I've heard a lot about Almondine's macarons, and I finally got a chance to try them! My husband and I decided to make a pit stop in Brooklyn on our way to my parents from CT. I never realized that Almondine was a walking distance from the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory and Grimaldi's. Best of all, it's right across from Jacques Torres! I was so spoiled...macarons in the right hand, Wicked Hot Chocolate in the left.

We got almost every color (flavor) under the rainbow. The macarons from Almondine have the right look, complete with the classic "macaron feet."



The inside look just as good - thin delicate crust that doesn't separate from the rest of the macaron. I wasn't wowed by their flavor, but they tasted good enough. Perhaps I need a second (or third) visit to come to a more definitive decision. Overall, I'd say Almondine's macarons are definitely above average relative to the ones I've tried in NYC so far.


Since we were at Almondine in the morning, we had to get some breakfast (that's right, macarons aren't the breakfast of champions). We filled our bellies with a plain croissant and an almond croissant. They were so flaky and so good! But not as good as the ones from France, of course.


Just thinking about what we had that morning makes me very happy right now! I can't wait til the next time I go home to see my parents (as long as it involves a pit stop.)


See past macaron posts here:
I LOVE Macarons
Financier
Look What I Got My Hands on?
Bouchon Bakery
Payard

No comments: