Saturday, June 26, 2010

So Excited!

I've been using vanilla extract from McCormick, which is widely available in your local supermarkets, and all the while I've been drooling over the premium Nielsen-Massey brand that I see on almost all cooking shows. Finally, I have it in my pantry now!


I admit, it's a splurge, but there is definitely a noticeable difference between McCcormick and Nielsen-Massey. The former has a strong alcohol scent, while the latter is more subtle. The Nielsen-Massey extract has a sweet fragrant vanilla smell, which adds to your final baked goods. I was so excited to use it to make our anniversary pancakes, which were extra special!

1 comment:

Matt Nielsen said...

Thank you so much for the mention! And I'm so happy that you now have us in your pantry. I think you will find, on an ounce to ounce basis, that even though our quality is far superior, we really are not that much more expensive if any than supermarket brands. Thank you and keep up the great work!

Best Regards,
Matt Nielsen
Nielsen-Massey Vanillas