Saturday, August 16, 2008

Eggplant Vegetable Torte

Yet another eggplant recipe...I found this one in my Barefoot Contessa cookbook. Believe it or not, I still have enough eggplant for one more meal!

Eggplant Vegetable Torte can be a pretty impressive dish for company in terms of presentation. Better yet, it can be prepared more than a day ahead of time. With a bit of anticipation, I was excited to unveil and put this torte onto a plate.





I followed the recipe as much as I could, except for the cheese and zucchini. Instead of using parmesan cheese, which I did not have, I used mozzarella. And instead of using zucchini, I used green and yellow squash. These gave the torte a more interesting look for the layers. Also, instead of using a pie pan, I used a small loaf pan (I wasn't serving a party of 4 or more). It worked just as well.

Doesn't it look impressive?

No comments: