Thursday, January 7, 2010

Stew Leonard's - Trader Joe's on Crack

My husband and I made a trip to Stew Leonard's in Norwalk, CT for our no cook New Year's Eve meal. We walked out with some olives for the meal, and donuts, fresh chicken and milk for other purposes. It's a giant supermarket and the self proclaimed largest dairy store in the world. If I were to describe it, I'd call it Trader Joe's and Ikea on crack.

Stew Leonard's is similar to Trade Joe's in that they produce their own products, but it goes beyond by making fresh goods on grounds - like the cider donut holes (btw, I was sad to find that they used food coloring in these). Their value is apparent especially when it comes to milk - we bought a half gallon carton for way less than $2! And why did I throw in Ikea? Because it's like a maze in there - you can't get to one section without passing another - there are no aisles. And did I mention the samples? On one visit alone, I "sampled" two donut holes!



Don't worry, we didn't finish the donut holes in one sitting. Stay tuned for what we did the next day to these babies.

No comments: