Sunday, January 17, 2010

City Limits Diner

There's a lack of food scene in Stamford, and what I miss most from NYC is enjoying a nice stroll to brunch (especially from Public and Five Points). So, I did some research and came up with City Limits Diner. I can't stroll there, but it's a fine diner. City Limits is not your usual diner; it is part of the Livanos Restaurant Group, which also owns Oceana in NYC.

City Limits' decor is definitely diner-like, but its food is the gourmet type. I've never seen Maryland Lump Crab-Lobster Cake or Grilled Bass Sandwich on a diner's menu, and it made me very excited to see those items. Beside the high end items, City Limits also have the usual diner food, ranging from omelets, pancakes, waffles, burgers, and more.

On my first visit, I had the excellent Maryland Lump Crab-Lobster Cake Benedict. It was tasty and filled with chunks of crab meat. On my second visit, I had a sizable portion of Raisin Currant and Challah French Toast, served with house-made vanilla apple sauce.


The French Toast was good. My mouth was met by a nice delicate crunch on the outside and a moist, rich interior.


On my last visit, I had their Grilled Salmon Burger, served with Tzatziki. I thought the burger was mediocre, but the Tzatziki was flavorful.

If you can't tell by the repeated visits already, City Limits is on my favs list. It is by no means a substitute for Public or Five Points, but it will have to do for now during those times that I don't feel like busting out the pan.

No comments: