Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Sneak Peek

Not much has been done to my sister's new house since I was last here more than 3 weeks ago, but here's a sneak peek at "my room," aka the guest room, and the dinning room.

We picked a neutral tone for my room, which is covered in a beige paint from Benjamin Moore called North Hampton Beige (the name is so appropriate as this will be my retreat). There is a wall though that we painted a darker contrast color called Stormy Monday. The idea behind having a darker wall is that the focus will be on it - the bed will rest against it and will be the first thing you see when you enter the room.

Above, my room (please excuse the mess and the color swatches
from Benjamin Moore that appear a bit off here)

As for the dinning room, my sister went for a dramatic metallic color from Ralph Lauren called Manchester Purple. You have to see this shimmery paint when the chandelier is on. And it's so my wedding color! No, not every room has a chandelier.


Above left, the dinning room, and right, from Ralph Lauren

No comments: