Saturday, April 12, 2008

Feeling Bubbly?

For those special times when champagne is in order, why not go for a sparkling wine? While both, I heard, go equally well with Chinese food (according to my fiance who got wine classes as a gift from me), sparkling wines are less pricier than their counterparts made in Champagne, France.

I've been a fan of Gloria Ferrer for a while now, but didn't realize how good their vintage reserve was until we had their 2004 bottle. I'm not a wine expert, but I enjoyed the flavor from the vintage so much more. Can't say the 2004 had that...it just didn't have much character.



So, we went hunting for the vintage reserve. I don't remember if it was 2001 or 2000 that we originally had, but when we saw the six sparkling wines of Gloria Ferrer 2000 vintage reserves sitting on the shelf of a liquor store, we had to bring them home. Maybe we'll pop one open for those rare occasions when I cook a Chinese meal.

Don't go running to the wine store now!

No comments: