Saturday, August 9, 2008

Eggplant Dip

What to do when life gives you eggplants? Make eggplant dip! I've been eating eggplant almost every day now...I have enough supply for at least 2 more eggplant meals to go.

So I whipped out my Barefoot Contessa cookbook, searched under egglant, and ended up with Roasted Eggplant Dip. It's made by roasting eggplant, red bell pepper, onion and garlic in the oven. It was easy to make and pretty tasty. I didn't have any pita chips or crackers, so I used toasts instead to go with the dip.



I think this spread is not limited to just being a dip. I can imagine using this in a vegetarian sandwich - if I had some portobello mushrooms, I would grill those and use the dip like a condiment....spread the dip on the bread, add some lettuce, spinach or arugula, pop in a portobello mushroom, and I'm done! I would sooo bring this sandwich out on a picnic with my fiance. There's no mayo, so there's no risk of it going bad during transport!

No comments: