Monday, September 21, 2009

Martha's Favs Mondays: Immersion Blender Combo

This week, I share with you a fabulous 3-in-1 equipment, the hand blender and chopper. Having been a cook in several small apartments, this was really handy and space efficient. We bought this gadget about 5 years ago, when I convinced my husband (then boyfriend) that I needed a food processor in order to make delicious meals for him. I didn't want a big food processor because of space issues. Luckily, we found the Braun Hand Blender and Chopper that fit our criteria and at a reasonable price. The motor half of the gadget can be attached to a blender, whisk or chopper and simply detached for easy storage.

Image from Amazon.com


Ironically, I've used the immersion blender more than the chopper because I made so much soup for my husband while he was in Boston. Either way, it was the perfect investment. On top of that, its one speed setting makes it a no brainer gadget, which I love. I've made whipped cream with the whisk attachment (I didn't own a hand or stand mixer) and have made various salad dressings, sauces and dips with the chopper to cut and emulsify. The only problem I had was that it broke from overheating, but Braun sent us a new one and we've never had a problem since.

Even though there are all these other fancy looking stainless steel immersion blender combos out there now, I still like our plastic version better because I know the immersion blender attachment won't hurt my non-stick or stainless steel pots. It is a keeper!

No comments: