Friday, September 25, 2009

Figure Skater + Food Network = Disaster?

I used to love watching ice-skating, and Brian Boitano was one of my favorite figure skaters. Not only was he a great competitor and an Olympic champion, but he also had great sportsmanship. So imagine my surprise when Food Network added him onto their show line up. I had my doubts on the unlikely combination of Boitano+Food Network, but was so pleasantly surprised and amused by "What Would Brian Boitano Make?" It shows such a different side of Boitano that I've never seen before - he's not the serious skater that I saw in competitions, but a foodie with a quirky sense of humor.


Needless to say, I enjoyed the first episode of "What Would Brian Boitano Make?" I got a kick out of the overdramatized scenes and his imagination of all things unlikely in his head. I especially loved how he made a jab at the often flashy and overly artistic figure skating outfits. All in all, quirky humor + cooking by a foodie works for me!


All images from Food Network

No comments: