Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"I Want My Cake!"

I'm not a big fan of cake, nor is my fiance. Most are either made of buttercream or fondant, which I'm not crazy about. I saw plenty of cakes I liked, but still, the idea of a traditional cake does not appeal to me.

This one looks really nice, but the baker will probably charge extra for the work.


Image from The Knot


I may be Chinese, but my cake doesn't have to say "I'm Chinese."


Image from The Knot


This
one would fit into our French inspired wedding with the use of yummy madelines.

Image from Martha Stewart



Chocolate truffle cake...yummmmm. Not loving the idea of a brown colored cake though.

Image from Martha Stewart


This one is the cake from the wedding of Darcy Miller, editor of Martha Stewart Weddings. She shares my love for all things
Laudree, the popular macaron chain in France. She loved the pattern on their packaging so much that she had a similar pattern made on her cake!


Image from Martha Stewart


This may look like a cake, but it's actually a bunch of French macarons, which I love love love.

Image from Martha Stewart


What cake are we going for? It's gonna be a surprise, and hopefully French.


No comments: