Saturday, November 8, 2008

Healthy Fries

I love fries, be it McDonald's, Belgian from Pommes Frites, potato wedges from KFC...

I know they're not the healthiest things on earth, so I don't indulge in fries often. When I need to satisfy my craving for fries at home, I make oven fries. They come out somewhat similar to real fries - crispy on the outside and soft inside. They're great because not only do you feel better eating those, but also you can add whatever seasonings you want. Sometimes I add rosemary; other times I add paprika or parsley.
I have been eating my fries with turkey burgers.


Oven Fries with Paprika
serves 2

3 Russett potatoes
1 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 375.
Cut the potatoes into thick wedges - the best way to do this is to half the potato length-wise, then cut again into half or thirds, depending on the size of the potato.

Toss the potato wedges with the rest of the ingredients on a baking sheet. Bake for roughly 30 minutes, flipping the potatoes half way through. Sprinkle with a bit more salt after they're out of the oven.

No comments: