Sunday, March 14, 2010

Easy Fish in Less than 30 Minutes

I like to cook what's fresh and on sale at the supermarket. So when my husband and I spotted a sale on red snapper at Whole Foods, we jumped on it. Whole fishes are not easy to find outside of Asian markets, and they're especially lacking where we live now in CT. When I used to have access to Chinatown in NYC, I loved dropping by the fish stalls whenever I wanted and end up making a delicious sea bass with hot oil and scallions for dinner. Anyways, the snappers' eyes were nice and clear at Whole Foods - a sign of freshness. So a simple preparation was best.


The fish was cleaned at the store, so I gave it a good rinse, dried it, sprinkled salt & pepper outside and inside, and stuffed it with some parsley, 1 glove of garlic and 2 lemon slices. My husband put it in the oven at 375 degrees. It was done in less than 15 minutes and was flavorful.


We washed it down with a $6.99 bottle of wine from Whole Foods that's a chardonnay and viognier blend (did you know that they offer a 10% discount if you buy 6 or more bottles?) It was another easy perfect meal.

No comments: