Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Wedding Wednesdays: "You Have to Have Tulle"

"You have to have tulle," said my mother. My reply? No I don't!

What she was referring to was related to the wedding gown, which is 婚紗 in Chinese. The 2nd character "紗" means tulle. My wedding gown doesn't have tulle, so it's most likely not a wedding gown in her mind. What can I say. I'm not a traditional bride.

I am having tulle though, on my veil. I think that may make my mother not happy, but somewhat satisfied. Here's what I tried on:

#1 - A veil with a very nice design, but it didn't match my dress.



#2 - A veil that matched the lace on my dress, but a bit too matchy matchy.


#3 - Another nicely designed veil, but it was really heavy! The bead work went all the way around.



Thankfully, I can borrow my sister's veil. It can be my "something old!"


No comments: