Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The First of "Wedding Wednesdays!"

The clock has been clicking faster! This is getting VERY scary...we have less than 4 months left to plan the wedding.

I've been randomly posting wedding related material, but I figured I should start making this a routine. It will probably help me fit wedding planning into my schedule without distracting me when I should be studying. So, I'll be starting a series of wedding related posts called "Wedding Wednesdays" regularly every Wednesday until the big day...they'll be partly updates on the planning, ideas and inspirations.

On the updates front, we have all the major stuff out of the way, like booking all the vendors. But if I had learned anything from work, it's the last push that's always the hardest because it's time to get serious - crossing all the T's and dotting all the I's. We still have logistics to plan, paper and little stuff to make, etc. The little stuff include the DIY projects.

Well, remember those silhouettes I made a while back? I figured out a fun way to display them for the wedding! My proudest achievement with them is that I didn't buy any material to make this project. Here's a sneak peek at the incomplete product. I'm not going to tell you what they are or what they will be doing yet...it's gonna be a surprise.




At first, I was thinking of buying some styrofoam blocks to make the project, but I felt it was a waste to buy material to make something that will be of no use after the wedding. I love mother earth, so I recycled what I already had that were on their way out anyway. Now my conscience is clear!

I showed this DIY project to my fiance, to which he said "my friends are gonna laugh at me!"

"Just thank god that you're not having a pink wedding, and I'm not making you wear a pink tie!" I said.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those were perfect George! You captured Fred's head shape perfectly... So lucky his hair style hasn't changed in over 10 years.